Terms of Service
As an organization choosing to participate and collaborate as a benefitting partner in Giving Day requires that you agree with the following Terms of Service which sets forth the services and duties provided by Giving Day and roles and responsibilities of all participants.
1. I confirm that my organization is or is being fiscally sponsored by a 501(c)3 and will provide our EIN number, contact info, and a representative’s information for verification.
2. I confirm that my organization serves or has headquarters in Chautauqua County and surrounding area.
3. I understand that donations for my organization as part of the Give Big CHQ event may not be used to pay off existing pledges to an organization or be used for anything that might be perceived as a benefit to the donor (dinner tickets, membership fees, golf fees, admission tickets, gifts, and other "quid pro quo" contributions as defined by the IRS).
4. I understand that Give Big CHQ is intended to be a positive, inclusive community event for participating nonprofit organizations; the event is not intended to be a fundraising platform to raise dollars or awareness for opportunities that could be viewed as having a specific political, partisan or religious agenda.
5. I understand that if my organization is found to be promoting a fundraising opportunity that could be viewed as having a specific political, partisan, or religious agenda the hosts have the right to remove my organization from participating in Give Big CHQ.
6. I understand that if my organization, or representative(s) of my organization, is found to have publicly made disparaging comments about another organization, related to their Give Big CHQ fundraising efforts, the hosts have the right to remove my organization from participating in Give Big CHQ.
7. I understand that my organization will receive all the monies that have been donated to my organization less any transaction fees not covered by the individual donor.
8. I understand that GiveGab.com is an online platform which will safely process all contributions made to the event.
9. I understand that all donations will be disbursed within 10 business days via electronic funds transfer minus transaction fees.
10. I understand to receive donations it is my organization's responsibility to provide a checking account that is eligible to receive ACH transfers from GiveGab’s GG Pay. In the case that the bank account we supplied is unable to receive the transfer, and GiveGab has not heard from our organization in over 60 days, the donations will be refunded back to the donor.
11. I understand that any recurring donations initiated during Giving Day will continue to process according to the schedule that the donor chose, outside of Giving Day, and will be subject to transaction fees set by Giving Day, less any applicable host/partner fees.
12. I understand that any donations processed outside of Giving Day donation period through GiveGab.com, that are not recurring donations initiated during Giving Day, are subject to transaction fees specific to the GiveGab plan purchased by the receiving organization or fees set by the associated year-round Community Giving or Philanthropy Hub site.
13. I understand that in the event of a disputed donation GiveGab will make every effort to win the dispute by submitting evidence on my organization's behalf. In the case that a dispute is lost, the full amount of the disputed donation and donation processing fees will be pulled from my organization’s bank account, and my organization will be charged a $15 dispute fee.
14. I understand that refunds for donations made on GiveGab must be approved by an administrator from my organization and requested from GiveGab within 4 business days of the original date of the donation. If approved, the full amount of the requested refund and donation processing fees will be pulled from my organization’s balance. Any donation refund request made outside of the 4 business day refund window must be handled outside of the GiveGab platform between my organization and the donor directly.
15. I understand that as the administrator of my organization's profile on GiveGab, it is my responsibility to to grant (authorize) and revoke (unauthorize) administrative capabilities to other individuals within my organization. I understand that I can choose to allow them full administrative privileges or restrict their ability to view donor data within our organization. I understand that GiveGab will not disclose information about my organization to individual users unless those users are administrative users with appropriate permissions.
16. I understand that my organization is encouraged to focus the majority of its overall marketing efforts in the days immediately leading up to Giving Day to the campaign to create a sense of community-wide excitement among donors, volunteers, media partners and fellow nonprofits.
17. I understand that Giving Day is not responsible for the amount of money contributed to my organization over the course of the event and understand that donors choose where to place their gifts and that Giving Day has no control of this process.
18. I understand that my organization's staff, board of directors, and volunteers should promote Giving Day over the course of the event using social media.
19. I understand that only donations made through the Giving Day portal will count towards any prizes and incentives offered as part of the event. I understand that prize winners chosen on the day are subject to further verification and may be finalized after the event.
20. I understand that it is at the discretion of each nonprofit whether they will accept offline donations, cash or check, as part of their fundraising efforts. These donations will not be eligible toward receiving stretch pool dollars.
21. I understand that if asked to participate by the hosts in any interviews with newspapers, tv or radio that I speak on behalf of all nonprofits participating in Give Big CHQ.